Glee is ending this Friday, and I promise that I will chill when it’s over and will stop talking about it. Well…probably not.
Now, I want to make it very clear that I am in no way unemployed with a lot of free time between job hunting and interviews, and therefor absolutely did not spend the better part of two days putting together the ultimate list of all the Glee songs ever released in order from best to worst. And then I would like to point out that I did not decide half way though that I was going about that task in a bad way, and so absolutely did not start over. Absolutely not. Because that would be crazy.
I’ve seen a lot of these lists going around the past few days, and they’ll probably keep coming as the show finally winds down. It’s definitely funny seeing just how differently people viewed the show. There are some standards that everybody loves, but there are songs that people list as the best that I don’t even remember happened and songs that people list as the worst that for some reason have stuck themselves in me and won’t let go. I mean, Glee sang over 700 songs, of course there’s going to be a little difference of opinion.
So here you go. 10 of my favorite Glee numbers, one from each of the show’s six seasons with four extras thrown in for good measure. And I refuse to put any of the renditions of either “Don’t Stop Believing” or “Don’t Rain on My Parade” on this list, because – as wonderful as they are – everyone is tired of hearing about those two songs.
1. Season Six: Chandelier – Madison and Kitty with New Directions
2. Season Five: America – Artie, Sam, and Kitty with New Directions
3. Season Four: Some Nights – New Directions
4. Season Three: How Will I Know – Santana, Mercedes, Kurt, and Rachel
Sorry about the subtitles
5. Season Two: I Feel Pretty/Unpretty – Quinn and Rachel
6. Season One: Faithfully – Finn and Rachel
7. Season Two: Don’t You Want Me – Blaine and Rachel
Sorry you have to watch some awkward kissing first
8. Season Three: Smooth Criminal – Sebastian and Santana
9. Season Four: Being Alive – Kurt
Sorry for the super unfortunate video, but this is the only one I could find
10. Season One: Express Yourself – Rachel, Quinn, Mercedes, Santana, Tina, and Brittany
I feel you should know that this number is replacing the Adele mashup from Season Three because I can’t find a video of it where they don’t sound like chipmunks.
And since this installment of Top Ten Tuesday is really being published half an hour into Wednesday, I’ll give you a bonus: two of my absolute favorite numbers, even though they’re all kinds of ridiculous. Because a good performance doesn’t always have to overwrought melodrama. Sometimes weird and fun is just as good.
1. Season Four: Whistle – Hunter and the Warblers
2. Season Four: Diva – Unique, Brittany, and Tina with Blaine, Marley, and Kitty